Thursday, November 17, 2011
I made mesh screens that hold stuff from shifting when the boat is in motion. We have gone through some significant weather and choppy that tested the design. So far, no carnage from stuff moving around. We installed a fire extinguisher under the TV. We have fire extinguishers in each section of the boat. I could not find a place for a fire extinguisher in the galley, so the salon is the closest location.
When we got the boat we did not have refrigeration. We installed a 12 volt system under the port settee. We have two plates that make up a freezer, with a spill over for the refrigerator area. I can keep the freezer at 25F with a minimum of energy. The boat came equipped with a divider made in the factory. We lost that part during a slip on the dock that involved a scrotal tearing. We try not to discuss the incident. It brings up bad images. Anyway, I created my own divider with the garden knee pads from the hardware store. They seem to work.
We also installed a tide clock and a half hull of the boat.
The next section will deal with the galley. TTFN